Do you have questions about the Tech Tree? Head here to our Tech Tree FAQ
What is the Support Code and how do I find it?
The Support Code is what we use to verify you are the legitimate owner of the Robocraft account and also you can access the account. We cannot proceed to make any changes to your account information without this code.
Go to the Robocraft website and click the LOGIN button at the top
On the Login page, enter you username/email address and password or the 'Sign-in using Steam' button.
When you login successfully, under the Support section click 'Reset code' and reply to us with the new support code generated.
Can I change my email address connected to my Robocraft account?
Yes you can! Login to your account on the Robocraft website as outlined above and under the Account section, click the link 'Change email address'. Complete the steps and your email address will be changed.
I need to change my password?
Using your email address connected to your Robocraft account, you can reset your password here
Can I change my Robocraft username?
Yes, we can on existing accounts now without having to clone them. Since we have added the new Robocraft log-in system we can only change the Robocraft Display Name which is shown to other players e.g. on their friend/clan list, any friend/clan/party invites, in chat and in battle, but not the username you use to sign-in to your Robocraft game account.
For example, if your username is "MrFreeJam" to log-in to your account, your Robocraft Display Name is "MrFreeJam". If you request to change your Robocraft Display Name to "SirFreeJam", in the future you will still need to log-in to your account with the username "MrFreeJam". You will be seen to others in the game as "SirFreeJam".
They must be a minimum of 4 characters in length using letters, numbers, underscores or dashes only
I want to change my Robocraft Display Name, what do I need to do?
Please tell us your current Robocraft username as well as...
- At least 3 other Display Names you would like and,
- The Display Name must be a minimum of 4 characters in length using letters, numbers, underscores or dashes only,
- Your Support Code
Can anyone be allowed to change their Robocraft Display Name if they request one?
No, each request will always be handled on a case-by-case basis but generally a Robocraft Display Name change will only be allowed under the following conditions:-
- Your account has been suspended for an inappropriate Robocraft Display Name only (subject to further consideration based on how offensive it is).
- You do not have other permanent sanctions on the account i.e. warnings and suspensions or permanent chat silence as a result from other account/game-related breaches of our fair play expectations or terms of service.
- If you have frequent chat silences documented on your account.
I can't reset my password! Email address not found/Email address already in use.
If you have never logged into Robocraft before you wont be able to reset your password.
You'll need to use the "Submit a Request" button at the top of the page to contact us. We'll then generate a password that you'll use to log into the website.
Once done you'll be able to reset your password.
Unfortunately we do not have the ability to reset accounts to the beginning or individual parts of your game progress e.g. your player level or Tech Tree. It is something we will be looking into in the future but at the moment it is not possible.
The two options are:
- create a new Robocraft account with a new username and email address or,
- remove the email address registered to this Robocraft account so you can still use the same email address, but you will not be able to use the same username.
If your Robocraft account is linked to your Steam account, we would also have to remove the Steam link and add it to the new Robocraft account. In this case please also provide...
- Your Steam link ID and,
- Your Support Code.
Linking your Steam account to your Robocraft account is not a way to combine accounts together. It means you change the way you access your account.
If you link your Robocraft account to Steam this means you no longer need to enter a username and password (Hooray!). You can press "Sign in with Steam ID" as long as you have Steam open.
However, if you have another account that was only accessible via Steam, you'll no longer be able access it because you have changed the link. This can lead to some players believing that their game data has been wiped. This is not the case.
If you have done this and you would like to restore access to your old account via Steam please provide us the:-
- username of the Robocraft account you have linked to and,
- username of the Robocraft account you have removed the link from.
How do I find my Steam link ID?
Your 17 digit Steam link ID can be found by following these steps:
- Open up your Steam client and choose View, then click Settings
- Choose Interface and check the box that reads, "Display Steam URL address when available" and then OK.
- Click Steam Profile Name (next to game controller icon at top right) and select View Profile.
Your Steam ID will be listed in the URL at the top left.
If this does not show after refreshing the page, you can send us a link to your Steam profile instead.
The "Sign in with Steam ID" button is missing
The "Sign in with Steam ID" button only appears when Robocraft is launched from the Steam library directly.
- Steam must be open.
- Do not use a desktop icon or launch from the task bar.
*You can not use the Robocraft Launcher if you have signed up with Steam.
If you use Steam, please restart it as sometimes Steam can lose connection to Robocraft.
I keep getting a 1717 error every time I login.
This is most likely due to a virus infecting your PC. Please follow these steps below:-
- Delete all Robocraft Data from your computer,
- Run a virus and a rootkit scan.
- Reinstall Robocraft.
If you still can't login, submit a request letting us know that you have done the above.
Photon web-service errors
First check you are using the most up to date version of the Robocraft launcher. Otherwise, please contact Technical Support send your output log to us.
I have purchased Premium/Crates and it is not showing in the game....HELP!
Do not worry, please exit Robocraft and log back in for the purchase to be applied and show on your account.
When trying to purchase Premium or Crates, I get stuck on “CONNECTING TO SERVER…”
Purchasing requires the Steam overlay to be enabled.
Please open Steam, go into Settings, click on the In-Game tab and make sure the box titled “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game” is ticked.